Thank you for your interest in seeking employment at We Clean Air.
Currently Open Position: Mechanical Engineer
We Clean Air is seeking a Mechanical Engineer or Industrial Designer to further design newly-patented equipment sold around the world. Customers include such organizations as Nucor Steel, Mitsubishi, Siemens and the US Air Force. At the moment the company is working on products specifically to help with the coronavirus pandemic.
- Using company or customer specifications, design new models and modify existing equipment.
- Model the performance of products and optimize their effectiveness in moving and filtering air, pressurizing, and cooling.
- Monitor and identify product/service innovations in the market.
- Prepare design and production documentation including drawings, models, specifications, BOMs, production drawings, special procedures, and manuals.
- Research and recommend equipment and software for the plant.
- Work with customers’ staff to adapt our products to accommodate their needs
- Initiate or assist in the vendor selection / evaluation process.
- Support production and marketing as needed.
- Mechanical Engineer or Industrial Designer
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics required.
- Enthusiastic about developing new products.
- Ability to use SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD program to design and modify products
- Ability to document requirements, designs and implementations.
- Competent in compiling bills of materials for fabrication of your designs.
- Able to work with suppliers.
- Hands-on experience on plant floor preferred and must be able to work comfortably with production staff.
- Ability to use hand tools required to be able to help assemble, modify and test prototype units.
- Experience dealing with regulations and nationally-recognized testing laboratories is a plus.
- Experienced in researching new types of components, technologies and suppliers and then optimizing the choices for designs.
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
This job is full-time and offers substantial opportunity for advancement. Salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Preference will go to candidates who demonstrate a strong desire to learn and develop new skills, and especially to those driven to solve problems with innovative approaches and by thinking outside the box. We would like to hire immediately and have person start asap. This is a full time Monday through Friday position.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter here: